Specialized Compounding Pharmacy Services
Lead Compounding Pharmacist
Kamil graduated from the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy in 2015. His career has included experiences in the community, hospital, home infusion, and compounding settings. Kamil works closely with many patients and doctors to help aid them with all their compounding needs. Along with compounding, Kamil also provides consultations on bio-identical hormone replacement and thyroid disorders.
What is Compounding?
Compounding is the art and science of preparing medications that are otherwise inaccessible or custom tailored to patient needs.
Hartzell’s is a leader in providing compounded medications, becoming one of the first pharmacies in the Lehigh Valley to offer this specialized pharmacy service. We collaborate with physicians and other health care providers to provide patients customized solutions.
Our lead compounding pharmacist provides consultation services to both patients and physicians.
- Hormone consultation
- Thyroid health consultation
- Supplement/vitamin consultation
Please call to schedule a consultation today.
When are compounded prescriptions needed?
There are many reasons why someone would need a medication compounded, some examples include:
Allergies to inactive ingredients (dyes, corn, lactose, etc.)
Medication is no longer commercially available
Medication is on back order in standard dosage forms
Medication is not made in the desired dosage form
Custom dose is needed
Health care conditions hamper swallowing and liquid or chewable tablets are needed
Hartzell’s provides a variety of compounding services:
- Any non-sterile medication (excluding injections or eye drops) for both human and veterinary medicine (pending availability of the product).
Bio-identical hormones (BHRT)
Dosage Forms Provided. Ask our pharmacist for a complete list.
- Capsules. Gold standard for oral medications. We can create capsules that are hypoallergenic as well as sustained release formulations for certain medications.
- Creams/ointments/gels. Creams/ointments/gels are the perfect solution for topical application. We offer many different bases that range that can promote scar healing or reduce inflammation in an area.
- Troches. Having trouble swallowing a capsule? A troche is a chewable dosage form that we can flavor.
- Suppositories. We provide both vaginal, urethral, and rectal suppositories. If oral intake is a concern then suppositories are often recommended.
- Suspensions. We can flavor and compound most medications into a liquid form. We can provide sugar-free suspensions.
- Ionto and Phonophoresis. A specialized dosage form to be administered by a health professional via ultrasound or electrodes (with Tens unit).
- Veterinary Treats. Custom-made treats for your beloved pet. We can accommodate any flavor request.