Return Policy and Point of Sale Notices
- Returns within 14 days of purchase and with a valid sales receipt will be exchanged or refunded in the same manner as the recorded payment tender. Purchases made with store credit or Gift Cards will be refunded as store credit. Store credits cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards. Purchases made with a check will be refunded as a mailed check to the billing address on file from Hartzell’s Pharmacy within 10 business days. Returns are not available on the following products: Custom made products, upholstered furniture items and bedding, items worn against or touching the skin not in their original sealed packaging, Gift Cards, and store credits. Hartzell’s Pharmacy reserves the right to limit or refuse to accept the return of merchandise at any time and for any reason.
- Special Order Items must be paid for in full at the time the item is ordered. Returns for special order items are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Cancellation of these items may also be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- Cash and cash equivalent purchases, exceeding $100, may be refunded as mail check. Checks are mailed from Hartzell’s Pharmacy within 10 business days of the return.
- Due to specific manufacturer’s return policies, some exceptions to both the time limit and product may apply.
- Due to legal restrictions, items dispensed under the order of a prescription cannot be returned. If you have questions or concerns about prescription items in your order, please contact the manager on duty.
- Returned Checks or Non-sufficient Funds Payments: NSF fund payment will be charged back to the customer along with a service charge of $25.00 for each returned item. Check writing privileges may be suspended if multiple checks are returned. Hartzell’s Pharmacy is not responsible for any fees that your bank charges you as a result of writing checks against funds not on deposit at your bank. NSF payments referred to the Lehigh County District Attorney’s office will incur a fee of $50.00.
- When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use the information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
- Store Credit Terms: Payment in full is due within thirty (30) days of the statement date, and a finance charge equal to the lesser of 1.5% per month with a minimum of $1.00 per month or the maximum rate permitted by law will accrue on all delinquent accounts beginning on the day after the payment is due. Delinquent accounts may be suspended or terminated and forwarded to a collection agency. Accounts forwarded for collections will be subject to a $25.00 collection fee.
- Hartzell’s Pharmacy Notice of Privacy Practices can be accessed online at www.hartzells.com.
Delivery Policy for Pharmacy and HME
A detailed policy that outlines our delivery service area for both pharmacy and HME can be review online. This file also contains charge notices.
Effective 10/01/2015, Updated for 04/25/2017
Access to Records
Effective 4/22/2013, Hartzell's Pharmacy updated our charges for copies of medical records. These charges are being implemented to simplify our fee schedule. These fees will be assessed on all patients wishing a copy of any of their health/medical records greater than 1 page. Please note that the fee schedule below is for patients, other parties needing records should contact our billing office for a fee schedule.
- $10 processing fee
- $0.25 per page
- Shipping fees at actual rate
Record Fee = $10 + ($0.25*pages) + Shipping
Original documents: Please note that Hartzell’s Pharmacy, Inc will not release the original form of any document (prescription, etc) that has been filed in our medical records system.
Please note these fees apply to all health/medical records. Medical expense and billing forms are not considered health/medical records, hence there is no charge for producing these documents. All requested documents must meet our access to records policy in order to be released:
- The patient to request the information them self. We can either have the information ready for them to pick up in the store or we can mail out to the address in our records. If they need the records mailed to another address other than one we have on file, they will need to provide us a written request that is signed to release the records via mail to the new/additional address.
- If another individual (spouse, child, next of kin, care taker) is requesting the information on behalf of the patient we can only mail the records to the address on file unless we have (1) POA or other qualified legal documents on file for that individual to act on behalf of the patient or (2) an access to records form filled out by the patient granting the requesting individual access to the specified records. Please note that this even applies to married couples.
- If a third party is requesting information (attorney office, etc) that is not in the course of treatment or billing of the patient, we can not even confirm or deny the patient as having records here without written consent from the patient to release information.
In all instances, if the records are being picked up and we are not familiar with the individual picking up the records a photo ID must be checked to verify the individuals identity.
Medicare DMEPOS Supplier Statement
DMEPOS suppliers have the option to disclose the following statement in order to satisfy the requirement outlined in Supplier Standard 16 in lieu of providing a copy of the standards to the beneficiary. The products and/or services provided to you by Hartzell's Pharmacy, Inc are subject to the supplier standards contained in the Federal regulations shown at 42 Code of Federal Regulations Section 424.57©. These standards concern business professional and operational matters (e.g., honoring warranties and hours of operation). The full text of these standards can be obtained from the U.S. Government Printing Office website. Upon request we will furnish you a written copy of the standards.